Monday, September 3, 2012

Crock pot Salisbury steak & Mac n cheese casserole

So I've been a little behind on my posting! This past week I got daring and made 2 dishes from pinterest. Usually I only do one! This made a LOT of food so make this if you have to feed a bunch of people.

Crock pot Salisbury steak
2 lbs ground beef
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup flour
2 tbsp oil
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 packet dry au jus mix
3/4 cup water
In a large bowl mix beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs and milk. Shape into 8 patties (mine made 13!)
Heat oil in large skillet. Dredge patties in flour and quickly brown on both sides.
Place patties in slow cooker.
In a bowl mix soup, au jus mix and water. Pour over meat.
Cook for 4-5 hours

2 out of 3 liked this. The boys loved it and want it made again! My mom just thought it was ok.

Mac n cheese casserole
4 tbsp butter
Salt & pepper
Elbow macaroni
2 12 oz cans evaporated milk
1/3 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 packs shredded cheddar cheese
1 pack Monterey jack (I used Munster cheese that I shredded)
Preheat 375* and you will need a greased 9x13 baking dish.
Cool macaroni & drain. Add butter and toss.
In a medium bowl whisk milk, evaporated milk, and eggs. Add in seasoning salt and garlic powder.
Combine cheeses in another bowl.
In baking dish place half noodles on bottom, half cheese, the rest of the noodles and the rest of the cheese. Pour your milk mixture over the entire thing.
Bake 35-45 minutes

My mom loved this! The boys not as much. So half and half they liked the whole thing. I was just proud I pulled off two recipes in one meal! I've come a long way!

Happy cooking
<3Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment