Tuesday, September 18, 2012

BBQ chicken cornbread

I made this last night for dinner. I'm always loving a good crock pot meal but this one bugged me. I'm a stirrer I have to keep checking my food and always worried. But this you combine and don't touch. So easy yes but a little nerve wrecking. But it smelled amazing and ended up coming out pretty good.

BBQ chicken cornbread
1 lb chicken breasts
18oz bottle BBQ sauce
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup onions
4 oz water
1 medium sweet potato (cubed)
Jiffy cornbread mix (I used 2 boxes)

Spray your crock pot and layer the following
Chicken- sweet potato- corn-onions-BBQ sauce-water
Mix the cornbread according to the box and pour on top.
Put the lid on and cook for 6-8 hours.

The last 20 mins I took the lid off and let it finish without because the one side of the cornbread looked a little mushy and that really seemed to help!

Happy cooking!
<3 Heather

2 comments: