Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Outback chicken

This was the first meal I made since having my son. And it was a hit I think my dad even licked the plate clean. There was one piece left and he ate it for dinner the next day. The recipe calls for mushrooms we didn't have any and it was still good.

Outback chicken
4 boneless chicken breasts
Seasoning salt
Bacon
1/4 cup mustard
1/3 cup honey
1 cup mushrooms
2 tsp dried onion flakes
2 tbsp mayo
2 cups shredded cheddar
350* 9x13 greased
Sprinkle seasoning salt on chicken and fridge for 30 mins.
Cook bacon and save the grease.
Sauté chicken in bacon grease until brown.
Place chicken in dish
In a bowl mix mustard, honey, mayo and onion flakes. Spread mix over chicken.
Layer bacon, mushrooms and shredded cheese on top of chicken.
Bake for 30 mins

My mom suggested crumbling the bacon for on top instead of laying the full strips on top. Either way it's still good. I served this with broccoli cheddar rice. Which I will post the recipe for that!

Happy cooking
<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment