Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Broccoli cheddar rice

If you read my post "outback chicken" this is what I served with it. It was sooo good! You have to try this even if you don't like broccoli. Just suck it up and eat it haha no I'm just kidding but really you gotta try this.

Broccoli cheddar rice
4 tbsp butter
4 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese ( that's a bag and a half)
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
3 cups cooked rice
2-3 cups cooked broccoli
400* 9x13 greased
In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add garlic and sauté.
Which in flour and cook 3-4 mins whisking constantly.
Slowly whisk in milk , mustard, salt and pepper. Being to simmer an whisk occasionally for 4 mins.
Add 2 cups of cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese until mostly melted.
Remove from heat an stir in rice and broccoli.
Pour into baking dish and cover with remaining cheese.
Bake 30 mins
Allow to sit for 5 mins.

You can use fresh broccoli or frozen doesn't matter. I used fresh to cook that I just googled how to. I don't fully remember but I think just put in microwave safe dish with a couple tsps of water for a few mins. But you'll want to look it up to be sure. Such a good side dish!

Happy cooking
<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment