Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chicken Taco Chili

Let me start off by saying this made the entire house smell AMAZING the whole time it was cooking! This is seriously the easiest dish ever to make. I have never shredded chicken before, so I was interested to see how this was going to come out but it came out great. Ok so here is what you need:

Chicken Taco Chili
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn
16 oz tomato sauce
28 oz diced tomatoes
Taco seasoning packet
3 boneless chicken breast

Lay the chicken down first into your crock pot. I then put half the pack of taco seasoning directly onto the chicken.

Add all the other ingredients (I cooked the corn on the side because my mom doesn't like corn)

Cook for 10 hours on low (I only cooked it about 8 hours it was completely done)

About 2 hours in I flipped the chicken breasts over and cooked them on that side for 2 hours. At that time I could tell the chicken was just about done and I took 2 forks and shredded it. (if you never shredded chicken before and want to know more leave a comment and I will further explain)

You can add cheese when you serve it. My dad and boyfriend did and they enjoyed it. Also on the side I took tortilla shells cut them in 4's put them on 2 cookie sheets drizzled some oil and salt on top. Pop them in the oven 400* for 5 mins and bam homemade tortilla chips!!

This dish seemed to be a big hit and stuck to your bones. Would be great on a cold night.

Happy cooking
<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment