Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lactose Free Milkshake

Ok, so to most everyone this is very easy but I wanted to share anyways. Pregnancy has left me lactose intolerant and I HATE it! I miss everything dairy especially ice cream and milkshakes. So today I went to the store and got what I needed to make a lactose free milkshake.

For my fellow lactose intolerant readers, I don't know if you already know this but Bryers makes the best lactose free ice cream in vanilla. To me it tastes exactly like normal ice cream you can't even tell the difference. So here is what I did:

Couple scoops of Bryers lactose free vanilla ice cream
about a cup of Lactaid milk (I personally think this tastes better then Silk but use what you like best)
5-7 frozen strawberries

Put it in the blender and there you go!!

Like I said, I know its nothing special but it's been about 5 months since I have been able to enjoy dairy and this hit the spot big time. Of course you can use any type of frozen fruit that you prefer. I enjoy the frozen better then fresh for two reasons. A: because where I live if I bought fresh strawberries by the time I got them home they would be rotten and B: it didn't make the milkshake chunky or soupy it was the perfect consistency.

<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment