Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cake


This a must make breakfast! I made this this past Sunday for breakfast and it was a hit. The best way to eat it is straight from the oven when its hot. It sounds a little intense but I only post things that are easy to make so no excuses!!

Cinnamon Roll Cake
"cake"
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp melted butter
"cinnamon roll"
2 sticks softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp cinnamon
Glaze
2 cups powdered sugar
5 Tbsp milk
1tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350* Greased 9x13 pan

1. Making the "cake". Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla. I used my trusty stand up mixer.
2. Once completely mixed slowly add melted butter. What I did was turn the standing mixer on and then spooned in the butter seemed to work perfect. Mix well and pour into your greased 9x13 pan
3. Making the "cinnamon roll". Mix 2 sticks of softened butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon until well combined. I used the same bowl I used for the cake, no need to dirty 2 bowls!
4. Cinnamon concoction is pretty thick so you want to try your hardest to spread it onto the cake in your pan. Then take a butter knife and swirl together the two. So pretty much just make sure the cinnamon is spread all over. It looks like a marble cake basically.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes. It will look undone because of the butter but trust me after 30 mins its completely done.
6. The last 5 minutes this is baking you are going to want to make your glaze. In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.
7. The best part: when the cake comes out and its cooled slightly plate some for everyone and pour that sweet glaze on top and watch it melt.

This was an amazing breakfast and filled everyone up. After we ate I thought if you cut up some apples and put them in there that would taste really good. So next time I will have to try that. If anyone tries putting apples in this let me know how it turns out! Your house will smell AMAZING after baking this.

Happy baking
<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment