Monday, October 1, 2012

Breakfast burritos

My fiancé just started a new job and isn't used to being awake so early because he's used to a night time job. So he's been struggling trying to find quick foods. In attempt to save money and of course be healthy I found homemade breakfast burritos on Pinterest. This is what I used I didn't measure anything and you can change anything up to fit your liking.

Breakfast burritos
Potato
Onion
5 eggs
Cheese
Ham lunch meat
Tortilla shells

Scramble your eggs and set aside.
Cut up your potato, onion, and ham and throw in a pan over medium high heat to cook. When the potatoes are done throw the eggs right in there.
When the eggs are just about finished throw a hand full of cheese on top.
Now I hate cleaning egg and cheese out of pans so I transferred the mixture into a bowl to cool down.
Spread a little mixture in your tortilla shell, add some extra cheese, roll up and cover in plastic wrap.
On my freezer bag I wrote "microwave 2-3 minutes"

Bam! There ya go a weeks worth of breakfast burritos, they taste better then McDonald's and are much cheaper. 5 eggs made 6 burritos but I had the small shells. If you use the bigger shells you probably will only get 3 or 4 out of that many.

Happy cooking!
<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment