Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Zucchini and basil pesto

Day 2 of healthy month and I have to admit I was worried about this one. My dad is extremely picky about his food. And we usually end up lying to him about what's in things just so he'll eat it. So this meal was throwing him out of his comfort zone. Verdict is... He liked it!!! Success!

Zucchini and basil pesto
Penne pasta
2 med zucchini
2 cloves garlic minced
Olive oil
2/3 cup pesto (recipe below)
1/2 cup pasta cooking water

Cool noodles and save water
Sauté garlic in olive oil then add zucchini cool for 5 minutes
Add pasta and pesto and stir. Add water little by little to desired consistency

Basil pesto
2 cups fresh basil leaves
3 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup extra Virgin olive oil
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste

Blend ingredients all together. I used my magic bullet and it worked perfect.

I also topped the whole meal with a little Parmesan cheese just for a little something extra.

Go ahead... Try it!!! It's such a simple meal to make and it's healthy!

Happy cooking
<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment