Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sweet potato baby food

So i started this blog while pregnant and now it's come to the time where mason is eating baby food. They really do grow up so fast.
I started off buying gerber stage 1 baby food. Before I started making anything I wanted to make sure he liked it. So far bananas, squash, peas and sweet potatoes are all favorites. Green beans and apples are no nos.
So off to Pinterest I went to begin my baby food making. First attempt is sweet potatoes. So easy just peel your sweet potato, slice it up small and bowl till you can easily break chunks apart with spoon. Save the water!
I used my magic bullet and placed sweet potatoes in and added the cooking water till I got the consistency I wanted. I purchased a 2 pack of ice cube trays for $2.50 at giant eagle. I filled them with the baby food and froze them. Tomorrow I will transfer them to ziplock freezer bags.
All together I will get 9 days of feeding out of what I made. And spent $1.99 on the sweet potato.
Bananas are next!!!

Happy baby food makin
<3 Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment